Friday 30 July 2010

Day Five - A Premature End

Today we had to take a break. The first climb of the day caused a pain in my left knee (an old rugby injury is to blame I think). I nursed it along for a while but after 10 miles I couldn't push down. Not to be put off I just pulled up a lot more on that leg. After another 20 miles I could neither push down nor pull up. The injury gods were with us though as we were only half a mile from a main line train station and we were home within 4 hours.

We had a fantstic time for the five days that we were out on the road. Touring cycling is definitely a superb way of getting around and seeing the countryside on back roads and away from traffic. We ate some great food, got loads of fresh air just enjoyed being out on our bikes for 10 hours a day. No regrets but a little disappointment. We are planning on getting back to it in a few days once the knee is back on track.
Joyed It so far

1 comment:

  1. Naah... not a "premature end," just a restful postponement. Next time you'll take the rest before it takes you... lessons learned, I'm sure, and it's all good.

    ReplyDelete