Wednesday 28 July 2010

Day Five - Top Bunk Etiquette

I am a gentleman and I always take the top bunk. Well I am not really a gentleman, Lorain just tells me that’s where I am sleeping. If I were a gentleman, I wouldn’t swear at her under my breath quite as much as I do. But the top bunk does pose some logistical problems. In order to go for a pee, you have to climb down the ladder. In order to climb down the ladder, you wake Lorain with all the groaning and creaking – and the bunk beds are noisy as well. However, there is always the hand basin. Sometimes it is at the end of the bunk beds and other times it is a little distance away. Either way, I reckon I could reach it from the top bunk thus solving the dilemma of waking Lorain but needing a pee but introducing the issue of splash back and how to flush. Once I have worked this one out I will report back.

7 comments:

  1. Mike and I are still laughing about one of your first posts (I'm wrr...stronger on climbs) and then THIS post. You manage to see the world in a very unique way, which is my way of saying I'm laughing my butt off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, my Word Verification for that last comment was "ANESS". haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to change the blog's name again when you continue on... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather sophisticated. I remember the days when any handy bedroom radiator was good for a pee

    ReplyDelete
  5. as Norman Stanley Fletcher once said, fill that, from here? What, with these feet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, Lorain, I'm enjoying following the journey vicariously - Louise sent me a link to the Blog - but am disappointed to note that the 'Where's Walshy' location link appears to show you in Northwich (at at 07.45 on 30/07/10)! I like to think you're in a draughty youth hostel, gritting your teeth for another day of rain and wind, while I'm in a nice warm office...or are you both at home with the curtains drawn, a map and an internet connection?
    Either way, it's an impressive effort. I'll suggest to Louise that we offer you a cocktails and canape selection when you come for dinner next month. Clearly neither of you will want to sit down for a long time....
    As the Gestapo man says to Gordon Jackson, 'Good Luck!'
    Cheers Simon

    ReplyDelete